VOTE NO ON SB 188!
WHAT SB 188 WILL DO TO MISSOURI WORKERS -
• Dillutes a 50 year old statute passed during the Civil Rights Movement protecting against religious, age, race, sex, disability discrimination
• Forces Missouri workers into federal court in St. Louis or Kansas City with federal, not Missouri law . Federal courts throw out worthwhile cases, that's why big business wants the cases there.
• Places 20 year old federal caps on discrimination claims for even the most egregious sexual misconduct at work
• Removes individual liability for racists, sexual predators, harassers at work
• Removes governmental accountability through punitive damages for the most heinous conduct